Yoga is a group of physical, mental, and spiritual practice which was originated in the ancient India. In Indian traditions, yoga is believed to be more than physical exercise, as it has a meditative and spiritual core.
There are many studies done to exhibit the effectiveness of yoga as a complementary intervention for cancer, schizophrenia, asthma, heart disease and for many more diseases and disorders.
The results of these studies have been mixed and inconclusive where others suggesting yoga may reduce risk factors and helps in a patient’s psychological healing process.
As amazing as it sounds yoga and Pranayama are also considered to be the best method to cure complications related to period.
So let’s see how you can help yourself by performing these simple exercises at home.
- Lie down with your belly facing the ground
- Twist your legs in a way that your ankle touch your hips
- Hold your toes with the help of your hands
- Now stretch your legs tight and hold your body up, touching just your lower abdomen on the ground
- Hold a deep breath during the hold, and breathe out slowly while leaving and gently relax on the ground
- You can repeat this exercise according to your ability for 10-20 second
- This exercise helps relieve difficulty that you experience during period.
- This also helps to relieve headache, fatigue, constipation.
- Stretches most parts of the body like abdomen, chest, thigh muscles, neck etc.
- Helps in stimulating lower abdomen and ceases the cramps.
- This exercise sends blood to uterus which lessens headache and swellings around stomach.
Caution – Pregnant women, patients of hypertension or stomach ulcer, individuals who had operations recently and women who have a migraine should not try this exercise.
- Sit on ground by folding your legs and lean backwards
- Hold your back up and touch your head on ground
- Now hold both your big toes with your hands
- Keep in mind that your elbows are touching the ground
- Then you can come back in previous position
- Do this exercise for 5 minutes
Doing this exercise daily can prevent pain during periods and tiredness
This helps stretch neck, back and chest muscles.
This stimulates lower abdomen and pelvis and helps reduce gas, indigestion and swelling.
Caution – Patients of knee pain, slip disc, spinal problems and high blood pressure should not do this exercise.
- Lay down on your back
- Take a deep breath in fold your right leg and hold your knee with the help of your hands
- Interlock your fingers and stretch
- Try touching your nose to your knee without bending your neck
- Keep your other leg straight on the floor
- Release the position and breath out
- Repeat with another leg
- It helps in backache, stomachache, gastric problems and nervousness
- It helps solve uterus related disorders
- It also helps in reducing fat
Caution – Women who suffer from stomach related problems, severe backache and hernia should not do this.
- Lay down on your back
- Bend your knees and keep both foots parallel at distance of 10-12 inches
- Take your hand behind your head and push your body up to make ‘U’ downwards
- While pushing the body up, breath in gently
- Slowly loosen your head and stabilize your body using your hands and legs
- This helps with proper blood circulation in entire body
- Helps keep digestion better
- Reduces fat from abdomen
Caution – Do not try this if you are a Heart patient or if you suffer from have high BP, swelling in the abdomen, neck problems, eye problems etc.
- Use of turmeric during periods is very advantageous.
- These exercises help with every menstrual problem.
- You can consume 1 tsp. black pepper powder with honey which helps to reduce pain during periods.
- Add ¼ tsp. of turmeric powder and honey to milk and drink it daily.
- If you suffer from irregular periods you must try raw papaya’s dish for 5-6 days.
- You can also drink Luke warm water with salt thrice a day.
- Make a cup full of onion soup, add some honey and drink it.
- 2 tsp. of Aloe-Vera juice can also be consumed on empty stomach for a week.
If this article helped you get new information and useful tips, please SHARE it with your friend and family or if you have any question, feel free to COMMENT below.