Ayurvedic Medicine For Weight Loss
It costs extra bucks to remain healthy but it’s even more expensive to stay sick. Being obese carries a baggage of diseases along with it. It also gradually starts depressing you. Being overweight means having body fat more than the required level. Sedentary lifestyle and overeating are the most common causes of being overweight. Excessive weight raises blood pressure which can further cause strokes. This also increases the chances of higher cholesterol, high blood sugar level, and cardiac problems.
Now the question is: Are you really serious about weight loss and at the same time when you also what to improve your lifestyle and overall health? Then this is the best place for you to learn about your queries on ayurvedic weight loss home remedies and ayurvedic medicine for weight loss. Before proceeding you must know some facts about ayurveda –
- Ayurveda treats the body as a whole
- Treatment remains unique, effective, safe, nondrug resisting and holistic
- Ayurveda does not name tag any disease
- All medicines are time tested and proven
- Ayurveda supports more of the preventive measures
Ayurveda was first recorded in the Veda, the world’s oldest existing literature which is believed to be approx 1200 years old. The accumulated learnings of Ayurveda were recorded in Sanskrit, the ancient language of India. These Ayurvedic teachings are usually passed on orally from teachers to students for over 1000 years. Thus, one must believe in the efficiency of the medicines that ayurveda recommends or else you must give it a try as it has no side effects recorded till date.
Ayurveda has influenced several health care practitioners in the east and the west. The prime characteristic of Ayurveda, where the complete emphasis is placed on naturally available therapeutic ingredients, and for weight loss too, the ingredients in question continue to be completely natural with no potential side effects seen. We specifically mention this because of many artificial weight loss pills or other medications, weight loss programs, etc. often leads up to a situation where there are dozens of side effects. With Ayurvedic medicine for weight loss, there are no such concerns recorded.
Can Ayurvedic Medicine For Weight Loss help?
Without a doubt, it does help you with weight loss, or while dealing with any other health problem for that matter. Besides, Ayurveda deals with identifying and treating the root cause of the problem, resulting in a permanent solution as it treats the body as a whole.
Ayurveda is not only about healing herbs but It is also about healthy lifestyle. For instance, if you want a healthy life, it is important to eliminate environmental toxins around you. As these environmental toxins find a possible way to enter in your body and harm you. Ayurveda has underlying principles for every problem, with all the diseases being classified under different body types. There’s no universal solution in Ayurveda and the medicines are suggested based on one’s body type, problems, symptoms and various other factors. There are several Ayurvedic medicines for weight loss, which you can try but It is important to understand that it is not a quick fire solution, rather, effective and comprehensive weight loss aids that offer definitive benefits slowly but steadily. The best part is that the weight lost using Ayurvedic methods are permanent, as long as you go on with the suggestions.
What are potential Ayurvedic Medicine For Weight Loss?
There are many options available when it comes to weight loss in Ayurveda. Here, we would know the common ayurvedic medicines for weight loss for all body types, irrespective of the body type. Since it is difficult to figure out our body type at home and need professional help, which usually not easily available, therefore here we are going to cover medicines that are suitable for every body type possible.
Below written are the best options from the heap, which are also handy for everyone –
1. Substitute raw cabbage as snack – eating a bowl of raw cabbage before meal or in place of snacking can help you lose fat that you want to shed and this will also prevent you from consuming extra calories.
2. Fast and detoxify your body once in a week with water, green/herbal tea, and clear vegetable soup Or if you are patient and persistent enough then you can go for just honey and lime-juice for a day.
3. Some common herbs suggested in Ayurveda for weight loss – Haritaki, Bibhitaki, Amalaki, Licorice, Tulsi, Aloe Vera, Vrikshamla, etc. Most of these herbs are now available in capsule form for ease of use. You can include these in your diet supplement foods as they won’t harm you in any form and there are no side effects for any of these.
4. Many Ayurvedic experts suggest horse gram (chana dal) when you want to lose weight.
You have to soak a cup (200 gm) of horse gram overnight, and boil it around afternoon.
Once boiled, add chopped onions and rock salt (as taste). Take this for 45 days, without skipping for even one day! Follow this with a glass full of buttermilk and see how fat is burned.
5. Prepare a drink with Aloe Vera juice (1-2 tbsp), turmeric powder (a pinch), cumin powder (a pinch), Tinospora cordifolia Powder (a pinch)and Terminalia Chebula Powder (a pinch), in a glass of water.
You can use lukewarm water. Add a spoon of honey to taste and drink. Wait for at least one hour, before you eat anything. You can continue this drink till you lose adequate weight.
6. Guggul works very well when it comes to improving good cholesterol in the system.
By reducing LDL (low-density lipoproteins or “bad” cholesterol) levels, inhibiting the fat oxidation and preventing platelets from sticking together, guggul also prevents the clogging of arteries. Therefore, it is an important herb for lowering risk of coronary heart disease.
Guggul is such an important and common herb in Indian Ayurvedic medicine that it is currently rare and classified as an endangered species.
7. Loha bhasma is used for the treatment of iron deficiency anemia because it contains iron as a main ingredient. It is a calcined Iron Ash.
Loha bhasma is also beneficial in reducing weight. It has fat burner effects in the body and is more beneficial for abdominal fat.
Loha bhasma 125 mg mix with 1 tsp honey and take it 3 times a day. In some people, stool becomes black, there’s no need to worry about it as it occurs just because of the iron content of loha bhasam.
8. Shilajeet (asphaltum) is a nutritional tonic of ayurveda. It is also LEKHINYA – a fat burner. It helps to remove the abdominal and belly fat and can also improve metabolism of the body.
9. Medohar Guggulu is found to be effective for reducing belly and hip fat. It speeds up fat burning by increasing metabolic rate and correcting the fat metabolism of the body. It has below listed effects in the body.
Increases metabolism of lipids.
Natural cellular death of fat cells takes place after consuming it.
It also tends to inhibit new fat cells growth and production.
It also stimulates thyroid gland functions and boosts metabolism of the body.
Medohar Guggulu (500-1000mg) + Vrikshamla (Garcinia Combogia) 250-500 mg + Triphala powder 3 grams, taken twice a day, this herbal combination can speed up burning of the fats in your body.
10. Amritadi Guggulu helps in acidity, skin diseases, hemorrhoids and liver disorders, but it is also helpful for weight loss. All ingredients in Amritadi Guggulu have potency to burn fat and improve metabolism of the body.
Amritandi Guggulu 1 gram + Honey 1 tsp in lukewarm water. Take Amritadi Guggulu with this honey water.
11. Amritadi guggul is best for obesity, as it has all ingredients that are present in Triphala guggul, but people are commonly using triphala guggul for obesity. The anti-diabetic action of triphala and guggul makes the triphala guggul the best in its criteria eligible for weight loss, but in amritadi guggul, Tinospora cordifolia, black pepper, and long pepper are additional support for boosting fat burning.
12. Taking 3 to 5 grams radish seed powder helps to shed belly fat and also shedding weight fast.Take 3 grams radish seed powder and a teaspoon of honey.
Mix seed powder with honey to make a paste. Take this paste twice a day and drink warm lemon water after eating this.
Take radish seed powder for 2 months to notice better results.
13. Garcinia Cambogia capsules available are equipped from the standardized extract of herb Garcinia cambogia. It is an effective herb for weight loss as it contains an active ingredient Hydroxycitric Acid (HCA) that blocks certain enzyme adenosine triphosphatase-citrate-lyase, which aids in the formation of fat cells. Moreover, it also helps you to suppress appetite.
Preserved best for the last:
14. Stholyantak churna is a blend of powdered herbs which helps in losing weight effectively and without any side effects. This herbal powder blend helps in detoxifying the body, reduces fat deposition in the body, and enhances blood circulation.
These herbs are rich in nutrients like vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. The list of herbs which are in this formulation also help in reducing Kapha which is an important factor for causing weight gain. It has no side effects and it helps in losing weight very efficiently.
IT CONSISTS OF 13 HERBS : Mustak [Cyprus rotundus], Chirbilva [Haloptela integrifolia], Balbach [Iris ensata], Babool [Acacia Arabica], Ashok [Saraca indica], Triphala [Myrobalans], Arjuna [Terminalia arjuna], Jamun [Syzygium cumini], Vidanga [Embelia ribes], Chitrak [Plumbago zeylanica], Kalmegh [Andrographis paniculata], Dalchini [Cinnamomum zeylanica], Saunth [Zingiber officinalis]
These herbs act altogether in losing weight and detoxify the body. By eliminating toxins it alleviates fat deposits and betters the blood circulation. This formulation regulates metabolism and also sets carbohydrate and protein metabolism right. This formulation is totally herbal and has no side effects.
Have 1 tsp. of this powder twice a day with water after meals.
Additional tips while on Ayurvedic treatment –
- Early to bed and Early to rise
- Stay hydrated
- Go green and go fresh
- 3 meals a day, no snacking
A detox or herbal tea every day can help clean your digestive system and lose weight steadily. Additionally, you can also time your meals appropriately. Eat 50% of your calories at lunch time. Eat a very sparse meal at dinner time. This will help you watch your weight as well.
What we recommend –
Once you are on an Ayurvedic medicine for weight loss, there are no major constraints as far as one’s typical day-to-day diet is concerned.
At the same time, of course, you cannot be eating excessive fatty, or oily food and then expect the medication to do its job by miracle. You must self-monitor your dietary habits and lead a healthy and long life.