Green Coffee Benefits And Side Effects Revealed with Case Study
You must have heard about drinking roasted brewed coffee before hitting the gym, but have you heard about GREEN COFFEE and do you know how green coffee can help you ‘lose weight’!
YES!! You heard that right.
So come on let’s drill into know all about Green coffee benefits and side effects. It began to boom recently and is continuously shocking the users by its amazing results. As there has been not many research on Green coffee benefits and side effects and the research done are not considered of as much of with satisfying results. Thus we’ll here get to know what to believe for our health and what not to!
First, let’s know what green coffee is?
Green Coffee beans extract are actually the coffee beans that weren’t roasted. Coffee beans have a compound named as chlorogenic acid that claims to have an antioxidant effect also helps in lowering the blood pressure also helps to lose weight. But when the coffee beans are roasted it reduces the chlorogenic effect that is found to be helpful in reducing weight. These green coffee beans became well-known as a weight loss supplement which can easily be found online in form of a pill or you can also find one in a health food store.
Making the most use out of it
Now you have to crush the beans to make them granules.
Then take a pan and add a cup of water in coarse beans and boil it over low heat for 15 to 20 minutes, now remove it from heat and let it cool, filter the content to get rid of the coarse beans and your coffee is ready to be served.
Also, you can find extracted green coffee bean capsules which can be taken orally with water with your meals.
Green coffee benefits and side effects are still argumentative and there have been many claims regarding whether you need not diet and exercise as this does it all, but I will suggest you give proper nutrients and healthy food to your body and at least 30 minutes of exercise daily to have a better outcome and a fit body. If you treat and feed your body well then your body will also treat you well over time, just like a karma hit 😀
Diabetic Patients, pregnant /lactating ladies, patients littered with alternative diseases/ailments, kids under eighteen years of age got to consults with a doctor/physician before consuming this product.
Benefits and Effectiveness
Green coffee contains 3 major components
- CHLOROGENIC ACID – Chlorogenic acid activates and improves processing of fatty acids into the liver, simplifying fat splitting in the intestine and inhibits their absorbing into the blood stream.
- CAFFEINE – Caffeine is a powerful natural anti-oxidant. It strengthens the walls of blood vessels and protects our body against free radicals by accelerating the process of skin regeneration.3.
- POLYPHENOLS – The substance improves the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract thereby removing excessive fluids and the body gets cleansed in a natural way. Also, contains tannin which makes the immune system stronger.
It also contains 4 additional components
- FIBRE – contains Vegetable fibres which fill the stomach thereby dampening appetite and normalising digestion.
- MIMICROELEMENTS Such as IRON, PHOSPHOROUS, SULPHUR, POTASSIUM and other elements that are important for the normal functioning of the body.
- VITAMIN C – We all know the benefits of Vitamin C, which enhances protective functions of the body and strengthens walls of the blood vessels.
- VITAMIN E – Improves the structure and condition of the skin and prevents the appearance of stretch marks.
Now, let’s see what studies suggest
A study was done by Samadi et al. ‘Green Coffee Bean Extract As Weight Loss Supplement’, reviewed the efficacy of green coffee on 30 pre-obsessed adults and a significant result was found. The results of the study showed significant reductions in body weight, body mass index, and percent body fat, but with no significant changes in dietary intakes over the course of the study.
Side effects and safe consumption
Green coffee benefits and side effects go hand in hand, but it is considered safe when taken orally appropriately. Green coffee extracts taken in doses up to 400 mg daily have been used safely for up to 12 weeks. It is essential to understand that green coffee contains caffeine, similar to regular brewed coffee. Therefore, green coffee can cause similar caffeine-related side effects. Caffeine can cause insomnia, nervousness and restlessness, stomach upset, nausea and vomiting, increased heart and breathing rate, and other side effects. Consuming large amounts of coffee might also cause a headache, anxiety, agitation, ringing in the ears, and irregular heartbeats. If you feel any of these you must consult your doctor and doctors don’t recommend it to children under the age 18 and pregnant or lactating women.
Green coffee may not be good for people who have –
- High blood pressure
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Bleeding disorders
If you have liked this article, please COMMENT, SHARE & SUBSCRIBE to my website.